Thursday, September 30, 2010

Personal Religion



I saw this image, and I was just reminded on Christian extremes.

Before I get into it, let me say: YES, you will hear about religion from both sides of the argument on this site. But we're also hoping to build a bridge between the two.

Now back to this image.

Some extremes to Christianity (and to religion itself) is the people who take it as a personal crusade, to renounce anything that is sinful, going so far as to place all their faith in churches and to damn anyone to hell for any reason.

The other extreme is hardly called Christian or religious. Okay, sure, if asked, they'll say yes, they believe in god. No, they don't go to church, or pray to god, or even realize they are sinning. They just figure that God is good and will forgive them nonetheless and he doesn't NEED people to pray to him.

But then I see this image (from a webcomic called Max vs Max), and I have to realize a few things about how I have to practice my religion.

Maybe I'll start praying to God more. I mean, how annoying would that be? He creates the world, He creates people to populate the world, He creates things for us to amuse ourselves with and improve on... and we don't even give Him a hello. It's like a parent giving a child everything, and the child just leaves the house as soon as his wallet is full, and never talks to the parent again.

So... yeah. Praying is gonna be on the schedule.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get the cartoon. Maybe I'd have to be a regular reader of the strip to understand it. But it almost seems like "God" is mocking the guy for not seeing him -- when they're having a face-to-face conversation -- something that DOESN'T HAPPEN in real life (not counting crazy people who perceive it as happening to them).

    ReplyDelete